Current Job Openings | Back to jobs listing
Share this job opening with your social network:
Financial Analyst - Manufacturing
Salary: $50K - $75K
Location: Madison, WI
- Provide management with timely and accurate monthly inventory valuations, COGS, margin analysis, and related reports
- Utilizing strong analytical skills, provide information that will serve as a basis for understanding the financial performance of the company
- Identify, understand, and document variances between actual and expected cost of sales (purchase price variances, material usage, labor efficiencies, etc.)
- Analyze margins, aggregating from SKU level up to various reporting levels
- Contribute to the development of expected material and labor usage, as well as expanded cost factors
- Verify accuracy of EOM inventory counts provided by production by reviewing purchasing and manufacturing activities. Initiate recounts and procedural changes as needed (information gathered by spending time on the manufacturing floor)
- Present various reports, results, and analysis to management
- Assist Cost Manager in ad-hoc cost analysis, costing of new parts, and annual standard setting
- Determine value of company’s EOM position in inventory and produce supporting journal entries, accruals, scrap reporting, and samples reporting
- Maintain a strong presence on the shop floor to fully understand processes
- Position includes responsibility for: plant accounting, inventory analysis, monthly closings, variance analysis, journal entries, and cost accounting
- Position is 75% analysis and 25% transactional
- Must have BS/BA - Finance/Accounting
- 3-5 years related experience including cost accounting and manufacturing.
- Must have experience working on the shop floor in a manufacturing environment.
To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse Jobs can provide you with a higher level of service at a faster pace!