Current Job Openings | Back to jobs listing
Share this job opening with your social network:
Location: Lena, WI
- Responsible for all aspects of plant’s human resources function, including internal and external recruitment, HR policy and program administration, employee relations and retention efforts, payroll, safety, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, worker’s compensation, policy development, interpretation and consistent application.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with individuals at all levels. Coach plant leadership on proactive management techniques, as well as performance management best-practices. Openly provide support to the leadership team; conducting timely investigations and assisting with resolution of employee issues as they arise.
- Responsible for all in plant recruitment processes for hourly, exempt and non-exempt level positions, to include evaluation of staffing needs, development of recruitment strategies based on market trends, sourcing, screening, interviewing and selection of qualified candidates, reference checks/background checks, job offers and new hire orientation.
- Administer benefits & compensation, workers’ compensation, OSHA record keeping, leaves of absence and unemployment.
- Timely completion and filing of all work-related injury claim reports. Oversee and ensure the effective re-integration of any employee returning to work from a leave of absence whether covered under Workers Compensation or other employment-related legislation.
- Provide guidance and direction to management and supervision on collective bargaining agreement interpretation and application. Manage grievance and job posting process. Take an active role in labor/management meetings and interactions.
- Assist with plant’s health and safety programs and efforts; participating in various health and safety training to stay current with industry standards.
- Generate and lead change initiatives with a positive, enthusiastic approach; influencing others to adapt to and embrace change.
- Maintain regular floor presence (all shifts) and direct contact with employees and supervisors to monitor the employee environment and assist with any employee relations concerns.
- Work with department leaders to identify and plan development strategies for internal talent.
- Accurately maintain plant training records; reporting to management any training gaps or required training(s) needed by staff.
- Plan and coordinate various employee functions and recognition activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate staff information and recognition programs. Update employee bulletin boards to maintain current and fresh content for team viewing.
- Participate in external HR committees and applicable community events to build local familiarity and to remain involved and connected.
- Positively represent the Company at all times. Adhere to and promote the Company Code of Ethics and actively apply the Company Values.
- Perform additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of HR and recruiting experience. Payroll experience a plus.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships and influence and guide others.
- Ability to understand and add value to business.
- Possess strong leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving, organization and time management skills. Ability to remain objective, fair and consistent when making HR decisions.
- Demonstrate business maturity and integrity; possess a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Must have current knowledge of legal requirements for human resources, labor and safety and the ability to maintain such knowledge in the future.
- Ability to remain approachable and accessible to employees in a 24/7 operation (flexibility to work on all shifts, and work some weekends and holidays as needed. Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus.
- Proficient in HRIS and Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse Jobs can provide you with a higher level of service at a faster pace!